OPEN POSITIONS: SENIOR ENGINEER – MECHANICAL
- Applies a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of engineering as related to the variety of aspects affecting his or her organization.
- Applies knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions.
- Keeps informed of new methods and developments affecting his or her organization and recommends new practices or changes in emphasis of programs.
- Works on major projects of moderate scope with complex features.
- Involved in complete design from SD/DD through CA.
- Develop understanding of firm scheduling via interface with Senior Principals and Scheduling Manager for scheduling of his/her projects.
- Serves as the resource within the organization with regard to the evaluation of technical and non-technical issues, and in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in an assigned area.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in programs or applications.
- Interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates assignments.
- Supervises a staff of engineers and technicians.
- Plans, schedules, or coordinates the preparation of documents or activities for multiple major projects or is responsible for an entire program of an organization.
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and a performance measures.
- Review correspondence of project engineers; ensure accuracy/content.
- Schedule educational meetings, include staff engineers and designers as speakers.
- Identify weekly priorities confirm with Principals.
- Provide Senior Principals with employee evaluation for annual review.
- Recommend seminars for approval by Senior Principals.
- Receives administrative supervision with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
- Routinely interacts with customers, officials, contractors, and others.
- Leads project meetings and makes presentations.
- Represents the organization and maintains liaison with individuals and related organizations.
- Marketing (and interviews with Senior Principals)
- Serves as client contact. Performs development and evaluation.
- Maintain currency of communications (email, voicemail, etc.)
- Maintain strong communication skills
- Maintain close contact with Senior Principals.
- Guard against project “scope creep” and unauthorized extra services.
- At least 8 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Typical Licensure or Certification
- Professional Engineer